September 24, 2009

Vintage Black Friday ... No.01

Hello all and welcome to the first Vintage Black Friday ... I'm glad you are here! I think almost everyone seems to think finding Black items to share will be a challenge, honestly ... I felt the same way...until I started looking around and digging a bit. I believe I have mentioned in the past that I have ROOMS full of "treasures" ... you know, an Oprah episode waiting to happen. Well, needless to say I think I have found plenty of items to sustain me through out the challenge ... and hey, if I run out ...it's a good excuse to go shopping/hunting, right? Right?


First up ... a recent find, a small collection of vintage printer's stamps. My two favorite groupings are the J&H {my initials} and the X & O ... how sweet!


Second this old German dictionary ... the worn cover and pages have such a rich texture and the type set is gorgeous ~ so "fancy" looking, I'm sorry this picture doesn't do them justice.

And third ... here are some vintage cameras I found last week, they don't work, they don't open, and I really don't know a thing about them ... but used in a fall vignette? Instant perfection!

That's it! ... I had to stop myself from posting too many pictures off the bat, now I'm off to blog hop and see what all of you have lurking in your rooms full of treasures ... thanks again for playing along!

Speaking of treasures, here is one super blog give away you do not want to miss ... if you LOVE Anthropologie as much as I do hurry up and check this out!!!! Click on the link button below and you will be whisked away to Lola B's ...

12 comments:

  1. Love all your treasures. This is going to be be such fun. Thanks for your comment and have a great week end...julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my first visit here, came over from Mocking Bird Hill Cottage. Great post. I love our blog design ~ read that it's new, nice job! Will be back when I have more time to check out your shops.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of these items are so beautiful...and i love the photos you took:) thanks for hosting this, jill.

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your vintage blacks! The printers' stamps are always a favorite. I love the graphic look of the cameras, and old books - the best! Thanks for having this fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will not have a problem at ALL.....black is my signature color~lol

    My post will be later this afternoon..so please check back.

    Wish I lived closer to attend your classes. I love what you show with chicken wire!

    Your black finds are great....I really love the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok.....I am back and my post is finished :)

    Thank you for hosting this event. I am going to have a blast with this one....and it would be a bonus to win one of your prizes too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your black treasures are just beautiful. I love how your pictures are in a mosaic style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have done your photos! I need to learn some new technics! Your finds are great! I have had my eye out for a good deal on some old cameras like the ones you have! Very cool!
    Going to add your button now!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I found your blog after visiting Gypsy Fish. Love you cameras. They do make great displays. Just so fun to look at even if they don't work at all! Beautiful blog! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin the Vintage Black Friday!! Great pics, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Vintage Black Friday!!! My first time on your blog and it's great!!! Found myself here through the Tattered Goods blog. http://tatteredgoods.blogspot.com/

    Feel free to visit me too :)
    http://mvtreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. What beauty! You've got so many wonderful treasures.
    We share similar taste for so many of the same design elements, especially *Vintage Black Friday!*

    I've bookmarked you in my favs.
    I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
    Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment,
I always look forward to hearing from you!