March 31, 2010

Time for another Lollishop Design Team Reveal ...


 

Another month and another Lollishop Design Team challenge done and under my belt ... whew !! I don't know why I do it to myself ... waiting until the night before my results are due in to work on my project ... good thing this challenge isn't the reality TV show 'The Biggest Loser" ... I'd definitely lose! But this challenge is ALL in the name of FUN and that's exactly what I had working on it ... FUN ... here's the outcome ... little Easter treat baskets for my family, that will also be used as decoration and place settings on Sunday.

 
This is the lovely little package that arrived a month ago {yup, a month ago!} from Pamela at Inspiration Cottage ... Thank you, Pamela for all of the goodies to create with, I LOVED them ... if you would like yourself some goodness to play with, you can find Pamela's Etsy shop here.



I grabbed a few of my own supplies ... paint, brushes, vintage pipe cleaners, and peat moss cups ... I scrounged around the basement and used only items I had on hand ... an additional "challenge" to the "challenge" so to speak.



I gave the cups a shear wash of paint ... I especially like the texture of this peat cups, even after paint they retain a very natural and organic feel ... lined them with old sheet music ... added some fancy trim on the inside to clean up the edges ... used my home printer to print out everyone's name and made little banners to attach to baskets ... edged each one in yummy pink glitter.



Then I added the chenille pipe cleaners for handles, thru holes I punched with a regular whole punch ~ very easy to punch thru these peat cups ... embellished with two rows of antique lace from my personal stash ... attached the name banners ... more glitter ... more glitter ... more glitter ... have I mentioned I LOVE the glitter? ... final touch, adding the flowers, bunnies, chicks, and a sequin here and there.
Finished!! Well, almost ... I'll probably stuff with shredded vintage ledger paper and fill to the brim with each person's favorite treats ... I have the paper, but need to make the 'treats' still ... that's next on the to-do list.

 
I'm pretty pleased with how my little Easter cups turned out ... and I think my family will enjoy having a little something made by Mom, with love, just for them!


Please, if you have a moment, stop by all the design team members and see what they have up their sleeves for this challenge ... all posts should be up by tomorrow.
Chelsea of Itty Bitty Birdy
Kristin of Retro Cafe Art

And just one more thing ... do you remember what this Friday is? It's Vintage Black Friday ... I hope you have some time to join the party over at French Cupboard, EVERYONE is welcomed and I hope to see you there!

18 comments:

  1. So neat! I love all the goodies you got and wow--your creations are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill,
    They are so gorgeous!! You did an amazing job!
    I absolutely love your blog site, it is fabulous!!!
    Have a wonderful and Happy Easter.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are too awesome for words...I love everything that you do...
    Cynthia Wolff

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little baskets are adorable! You are so imaginative and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill! Those are wonderful! You are so creative, it shows in all you do! Thank you for my fabulous rosette, I love it! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these baskets - how creative of you. Insprired to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gee, can i be family? i love your baskets,especially the one labeled mark. others could be repeats,so they are all to my liking.
    Bestest,Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO impressed, I love them, very pretty for Easter, and peat cups, Ah, very cool! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so adorably sweet!!!
    perfect for Easter morning or tea...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just stumbled onto your blog...and I am loving it! What beautiful stuff you have on here...some great ideas such as this one...your kids will love them. I love all the vintage stuff you have going on.
    Keep up the great work...I am now a follower
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baskets are so adorable!!! I love the way you personalized them with the name tags!! You did an amazing job! So creative!!! Blessings... Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I LOVE your Easter baskets-those are darling. You are so creative. I think my favorite part are the ribbon banners-so sweet.
    xoxo
    ~Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this idea! Blessings and beauty to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jill - your baskets are so cute!! Love them! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are beautiful and so creative! I would love to see your dining room table all dressed up!!!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your project is beyond adorable!

    Thank you SO very much for linking up.

    Have a gorgeous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great little baskets.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment,
I always look forward to hearing from you!