October 1, 2011

Porch of the Month ... October

 Happy October and welcome all! 
This edition of Porch of the Month is pretty special to me...this month I'm featuring my dear friend Beth's front porch. 
Do you know someone that possesses a "magic touch?" ... I do. Beth. 
She never fails to amaze me with her creativity that flows endlessly! Whatever this lady rest her hands upon truly turns magical. 
The only scary part? 
I think I've seen her nose "twitch" a few times during some of her decorating transformations!
{all photos courtesy of homeowner}
Take a look at what Beth has done to her space for the Fall {her favorite time of year} ... I'll let her take it from here:


 "I'm so excited to be featured on Jill's porch of the month and to share little bit about my porch...    
I can only imagine in 125 years how many souls have climbed the steps and crossed the planks to enter the threshold of my old wooden house and how many different faces, generations of spiders and critters, styles , paint changes, flooring changes, railing changes, additions and  subtractions this old porch has seen.   However, the one thing I'm SURE has stayed the same is, it's warm inviting spirit. 
 For some reason even on the hottest of days  there's always a refreshing  breeze blowing by the porch posts,we've always wondered exactly why that is?  It's magical.....makes you just want to "sit a spell" any time of year....

...for example; take any given autumn day, a hot cup of tea and a good magazine and you'll find yourself stretched out and relaxed right on the front porch.  So sit with me and take a load off your feet and off your mind.......welcome to my porch.




 Sounds perfect to me! Here's something fun to note ... Beth's last name is "Fisher" ... now go on back and take a second look at all of the photos a little closer ... can you spot a subtle theme here on the porch and in the garden?

 Make sure you stop by Beth's place for a visit and then make sure you don't miss any of her special creations that she lends her magic talent to, like those scrumptious soldered bottles above ... currently she's working on the most amazing art dolls.

Thank you Beth!
xo
Jill

12 comments:

  1. Oooo Thank you for the tour-what a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill for the fab feature....you make me smile...oh and I've seen your nose twitch plenty of times!
    hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Beth's porch and yard are so very beautiful!!! She has totally inspired me to switch over to fall on mine ~
    Thank you for sharing her porch with us Jill!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cousy... indeed some have a lot of fntasy creativity and its a blessing for us who dotn ahve it :0 hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful feature! I love the warm inviting feeling of your fiends home and I so want that rocking chair it is amazine. I'm off to check out her web site.

    Thanks for the inspirtation!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. October? Where did September go?

    I'm loving Beth's porch. It reminds me of an era already passed. I'm jealous!

    Thanks so much for sharing the porch of the month. It gives me wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love Beth's comfy porch. It really looks like a "living room"! thanks for the inspiration, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth's porch and yard is amazing! I have the pleasure of knowing Beth, and she always amazes me with her craft. I LOVE the rocking chair and the bottles on the porch, and the landscaping is just beautiful! It makes me want to get started on my "Fall" look. Also my favorite time of year. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming porch! I love the wicker and the beautiful rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the porch! The porch is one of my favorite places to hang out, nice fall touches. Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love it!
    Looks so inviting...beautiful curb appeal! Bet the neighbors are very jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment,
I always look forward to hearing from you!